Pages

My Inside-out Upside-down Perspective

On: Tuesday, June 12, 2012




 A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. - Albert Einstein


I would like to start off by saying that I am not a an expert on the Bible. Most of my so called knowledge was either passed down from my parents or preached to me by my pastors(s).

So yes I may have a rather skewed knowledge when it comes to giving my opinion on what scripture means. I see that everyone has their take on scripture. With their interpretations of what it says to what it means. Does hell exist to is the rapture coming before, mid or after the tribulation. Should we speak in tongues? Will you go to hell for being gay? Is it ok for women to be in leadership? Argh! I believe all this does is create a fractured Christianity. A Christianity that allows someone to pick and choose their "flavor". Then use that "flavor" to condemn others who do not agree.

For the last couple of months I have been looking for answers to some of the teachings that I have been taught over the years. So I started reading books. Nobody recommended them to me. Google search was my helper. I started reading books like "Love Wins" by Rob Bell, " "The Shack" by William P. Young, "Surprised By Hope" by N.T. Wright, and "Insurrection" by Peter Rollins, ". Yes I know they are all coming from a different point of view than where I came from but that is where I am. To some this may look a bit unorthodox. Yet to others this may look like I am a heretic. To me, it's a path of understanding that needs to be taken. A journey that will take me to an understanding that comes from my heart. Not something that is just in my head.

I do not consider myself part of any denomination, cult, sect or group. All that does is allow others to "label" your beliefs.

So for now I am just going to consider myself a -------.

How would you fill in the blank? Explain why you used that word. For me, I am still working on it.

0 comments on "My Inside-out Upside-down Perspective"

Post a Comment