Pages

A Few "Just Because" And "What If's"

On: Monday, August 13, 2012

 I chose to use the "Just because" & "What if" phrases to highlight some of those questions that have been eating at me lately. Of course some of them are silly but to me they are legitimate concerns.

Just because I try to look at life differently than you, doesn't mean we cannot get along.
Just because I like to use reason doesn't make my opinions not count.
Just because I try to use my brain doesn't mean I am wrong for doing so.
Just because I do not believe in God, doesn't make me a bad person.
Just because I do not agree with your idea of morality doesn't mean I have none.
Just because I am skeptical of the Bible, doesn't mean I am against it.
Just because I question your beliefs doesn't mean I do not understand them.
Just because I think evolution answers the question about the origins of life doesn't make me against Chritianity.
Just because I do not agree with your faith doesn't make me demon possessed. 
Just because we have our differences doesn't keep us from celebrating our agreements.
Just because the Bible says it doesn't make it true.
Just because Jesus was a real person doesn't make him the savior of the world.
Just because because you can quote scripture doesn't mean you actually read the bible.
Just because you heard it on Fox, doesn't make it a true statement.
Just because you can pretend that God exists doesn't mean he does.
Just because you go to church, doesn't make you holier than me.



What if you actually read the Bible with an open mind?
What if you lived your life the way the Bible wants you too, and you found out in the end you were wrong?
What if Evolution was right and you wasted your life believing in a fantasy?
What if Baal was the correct God and you chose differently?
What if you found out you had cancer, who would you blame?
What if your conspiracy theory was wrong and the world was really being run by Aliens?
What if we wasted our life on religion when we should've spent it advancing human knowledge for our future children?
What if Rush Limbaugh was really a closet homosexual?
What if Global warming is true and we were blinded by our religion so much that we help cause the problem?
What if that the Republican party was actually destroying our country?
What if the constitution was just meant for the 13 original colonies?
What if they banned guns, would you buy a pitch fork & a torch?
What if this was meant for you, would you even know it?


Please feel free to comment or add some of your own. My list will probably increase on a weekly basis. Stop by or follow this blog for future postings


2 comments on "A Few "Just Because" And "What If's""

Grundy said...

I saw Greg Fitzsimmons do a bit like your "what ifs." He said that God is obviously true (sarcastically) but what if you found out that it was all a load of crap? You'd be like, "I was such a douchbag!"

Nice blog, by the way.

Mark Alien said...

Thanks Grundy for stopping by. Trying to move away from "I was such a douche-bag" feeling to "they're such douche-bags for making me feel this way" feeling

Visit often....
Cheers

Post a Comment